Last Updated on February 28, 2022 by Guillermina
Today, we’re going to be looking at our top picks for bachelorette party ideas for pregnant brides. There’ll be many events to celebrate before the wedding day itself, and one of the most anticipated events pre-wedding is the bachelorette party. However, if you’re an expectant mother, as well as a bride-to-be, you may think it’ll be difficult to enjoy your bachelorette party. But there’s a huge selection of alcohol-free ideas to choose from – you don’t need alcohol to have the most incredible bachelorette party! Let’s take a closer look at all things planning a bachelorette party for a pregnant bride.
What Is A Bachelorette Party?
You may know it is a hen night or a bachelorette party – but however you know it, it’s the same kind of celebration. It’s a party that’s held for the bride-to-be, to celebrate the start of her new adventure…and mourn the end of her singledom! Traditionally, the event occurs in the evening and female guests are the only guests permitted. However, some couples choose to have a joint bachelor and bachelorette party or to invite men and women to the party.
Alcohol-Free Bachelorette Party Ideas For Pregnant Bride
There’s a range of ideas to choose from, which don’t need to involve any alcohol at all. You can choose to put a ban on alcohol, make up some mocktails, or let some guests drink alcohol if they wish. Let’s take a look at some of our top picks.
- Spa Day. Whether this be at a local spa, or from the comfort of your own home, it’s probably exactly what she needs right now. She can take some time to get her nails done, have a massage, have a face mask, and most importantly – catch up with her girlfriends!
- Beach Day. Depending on where you are in the world, a trip to the beach could be welcome. Make up some mocktails, get yourself into a swimsuit, and have a relaxing day on the beach with your nearest and dearest.
- Arts and Crafts. If you have an artsy bride, why not try something creative? Making floral crowns, flower arranging, painting, pottery – you’ll likely make some great memories doing an activity together.
- Slumber Party. This is my favorite option. Take yourself back to your high school days, get some matching PJs, and most importantly…some alcohol-free spirits! Lyre has an incredible range of alcohol-free drinks, including gin, amaretto, cocktails, rum, wine – you name it, they’ve got it. Create your own wedding mocktails and play some games together.
Top Tips For Your Pregnant Bride To Feel Special
Making her feel included is the most important thing when hosting her bachelorette party. She’ll likely feel a bit hesitant about the party, so make sure it’s a whole load of fun for her!
- She may be tempted to skip it – tell her absolutely not. You don’t need alcohol to have a good time with your friends!
- Make her some mocktails using an alcohol-free store like Lyre. She’ll feel as though thought and care has gone into the planning of her party
- Don’t skimp on the sexiness! She won’t always be pregnant, so still splash out on sexy lingerie to make her feel like the queen she is
- Check-in on her. Being pregnant is hard work! If she needs a break or an early night – give her the freedom to do so
Games To Play With A Pregnant Bride-To-Be
Most games don’t require you to drink/be drunk, and if they do – just substitute the drinking for a dare, or eat food that’s particularly gross! There are ways around not being able to drink alcohol, and everyone still having the best time.
Try games such as scavenger hunts, never have I ever, adult Pictionary and how well do you know the bride? They’ll all go down with a bang!
I hope this article has given you some bachelorette party ideas for a pregnant bride. The most important thing to do is to lift the bride’s spirits up and to get her excited about her bachelorette party – she’ll likely only ever one, so be sure to give her a night to remember. (And hey, no alcohol, so she will actually remember it!).
Were you a pregnant bride at your bachelorette party? If so, I would love to hear your experiences and what you chose to do. Please feel free to let me know in the comments below.
How Do I Make My Bride Feel Special Bachelorette Party?
Making the bride feel special is the most important thing - whether she's pregnant or not! There's a few ways you can do this. For example, surprises are always a great way to make people feel special. If she's a pregnant bride, a good idea could be to plan a weekend getaway with the other bachelorettes, so she can have time to rest and completely relax. Another cute idea is to make matching wedding attire. Of course, make the bride's outfit the biggest and the best!
Does the Bride Do Anything for the Bachelorette Party?
Traditionally, it's the maid of honor's job to organize the bachelorette party. Or it can be the bridesmaids, or a group of her closest female friends. The bride doesn't typically do anything for her bachelorette party, but if she wants to assist in planning her perfect party - she absolutely can!
How Much is Too Much For Bachelorette Party?
There's no such thing as too much! The best things to consider are the financial situations of the group of bachelorettes and agree on a budget per person before you start planning. Some guests are happy to spend a large sum of money, while others won't be - so try to be compromising.
What Can You Do Instead of a Bachelorette Party?
A bachelorette party doesn't have to be a party at all - it can be absolutely anything! If she wants to have a slumber party with all her best friends and a pamper session, she absolutely can. Just plan with the bride's interests at heart - no matter if she's pregnant or not.