Last Updated on January 24, 2022 by Guillermina
Today, we’re going to be looking at our top picks for Beatles father-daughter wedding songs, and other ways to incorporate the Beatles into your wedding, if you’re a Beatles fan. It’s unsurprising if you’re a fan, as they’re one of the greatest groups of all time. They’re iconic, and they seem to have a song suitable for any celebration – including weddings. Let’s take at the best Beatles wedding songs – brace yourselves, there’s a few!
Beatles Wedding Songs for Throughout Your Wedding Day
From the ceremony, right up until the first dance, there’s a song suitable for them all. Most of them are well-known and will be crowd-pleasers, but others only the truest Beatles fan will know. If you, your parents, or your grandparents are Beatles fans, you won’t be disappointing them with any of our top picks. Let’s take a look.
Beatles Songs for Father Daughter Dance
The father-daughter dance is one that’s usually very important to both the bride and her father. It’s a special moment that will only happen once in your lifetime. So you definitely want to pick the most perfect song to create those unforgettable memories. Here are our top choices.
- And I Love Her. This timeless classic is perfect for the first dance between parent/child or as a first dance with your new lifelong partner.
Lyrics: “Bright are the stars that shine, Dark is the sky, I know this love of mine, Will never die, And I love her”
- Take Good Care of My Baby. There are not many songs more perfect for a father-daughter dance than this iconic cover from the Beatles.
Lyrics: “Just tell her that you love her, Make sure you’re thinking of her, In everything you say and do. Take good care of my baby”
- I’m Happy Just to Dance With You. While this may seem like another first dance song for the happy couple, it has lyrics that ring true for every parent.
Lyrics: “I don’t need to hug or hold you tight, I just wanna dance with you all night, In this world, there’s nothing I would rather do, ‘Cause I’m happy just to dance with you”
Beatles Wedding Recessional/Processional Songs
- Here Comes the Sun. It’s happy, serene and will leave everyone with a smile on their face.
Lyrics: “Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting, Little darling, it seems like years since it’s been clear, Here comes the sun”
Beatles Wedding Reception Entrance Songs
- All You Need is Love. One of the most iconic songs in Beatles history. What better way to enter the room for the first time to this classic tune?
Lyrics: “All you need is love, love is all you need”
Beatles Songs for First Dance
- Do You Want to Know a Secret?. The perfect song for the first dance with your new lifelong partner.
Lyrics: “Let me whisper in your ear, Say the words you long to hear, I’m in love with you”
- PS I Love You. A beautiful song that oozes love in every note.
Lyrics: “Remember that I’ll always, Be in love with you, Treasure these few words ’till we’re together, Keep all my love forever”
Beatles Songs for Mother-Son Dance
- Hey Jude. While there aren’t any particular lyrics that are fitting, it’s an iconic song that was written for one of the Beatles’ sons, which makes it a perfect song for a mother to dedicate to her son
- In My Life. If your mom is emotional and always knows the right thing to say, this song works perfectly.
Lyrics: “Though I know I’ll never lose affection, For people and things that went before, I know I’ll often stop and think about them, In my life I love you more”
Read more about What Size Wedding Dress Am I?: Everything You Need To Know
Beatles Songs for Cake Cutting
- All My Loving. It’s great to have a song playing when you first cut the cake, and what better than this fast-paced, classic from the Beatles?
Lyrics: “All my loving I will send to you, All my loving, Darling, I’ll be true”
Beatles Songs for Dancing the Night Away
- Eight Days a Week. The Beatles created some of the best songs to dance the night away too, and many of the choices we’ve seen today would be perfect for any part of the ceremony – but I particularly love dancing to this one!
Lyrics: “Oh, I need your love, babe, Guess you know it’s true, Hope you need my love babe, Just like I need you”
- Twist and Shout. While the Beatles were not the first to sing this song, their cover of this favorite is one of the most popular versions – and it’s not difficult to see why! It’s a song that regularly gets everyone up on their feet at weddings.
Lyrics: “Well, work it on out, honey, You know you look so good, You know you got me goin’ now, Just like I knew you would”
Beatles Songs for the Last Song
- A Hard Day’s Night. What better way to end the evening than with this tongue-in-cheek song about what a hard day it’s been? It’s perfect to leave everyone at the wedding with fond memories, and a smile on their face.
Lyrics: “It’s been a hard day’s night, I should be sleeping like a log, But when I get home to you I’ll find the things that you do, Will make me feel alright”
I hope this article has helped you to discover the best Beatles father-daughter wedding songs and the best ways to include Beatles songs among other pivotal moments throughout your wedding day. You can find a range of Beatles albums, featuring all of these incredible hit songs, here.
Did you use any Beatles songs at your wedding? Did your choice make the list? If you have any other ideas, please feel free to let me know in the comments below. Sharing is caring!