Today, we’re going to be looking at engagement party thank you card wording, and the best way to do it. So you’ve just finished celebrating your engagement and the gifts came pouring in from guests at your party. But now you’re wondering whether you need to send thank you cards. And then you’re unsure what the thank you card should even include. Don’t worry – this article will explain all! Let’s take a closer look at all things engagement party thank you cards!
Thank You For Engagement Money Wording
If you’re stuck for inspiration for what to include in your thank you card, try one of these examples:
- Thank you so much for your generous gift. We’re overwhelmed with your kindness. We thought you’d like to know that your money will be going towards _____. Thank you again for helping to create our special day
- This day is going to be incredibly special for us, and we can’t thank you enough for your monetary gift. Your generous gift will be going towards _____. I can’t wait for you to see it on your wedding day
- The money you sent was not expected, but greatly appreciated. You’re helping to make our wedding dreams come true, and we can’t thank you enough for your generous contribution. We will be spending it on ______ for the wedding
Thank You for Money as a Wedding Gift Wording
If you’re struggling with ideas, or can’t find the words to express your gratitude, try taking a look at these examples for motivation.
- Firstly, thank you for attending our wedding. Your presence made our day even more special. Your generous gift is incredibly kind and will be going towards our _____. You’ve helped to make our happily ever after.
- Your gift towards our honeymoon fund is massively appreciated. While we can’t put into words how much your presence and gift meant to us on our wedding day, we’ll be sure to send a postcard from ____. Thank you so much!
- We are so lucky to have such incredibly generous friends and family. Because of your gift, we’ve been able to ______. We’ll never forget your kindness, thank you so much.
Words to Use to End a Wedding Thank You Card
You may like to choose your own ending, but if you need some ideas, try one of these favorites.
- warmest thanks,
- lots of love,
- all our love,
- with love,
- with heartfelt thanks,
- yours truly,
- God bless,
Tips To Remember When Writing Thank You Cards
While there’s no real etiquette to follow when writing thank you cards, there are some top tips to ensure they’re as well-received as possible. Here are some of our top tips to follow!
- Handwritten. While we know this is time-consuming (particularly if you have a lot of guests), it shows you really care about your gift and their presence at your engagement party/wedding. Check out this article for handwriting tips
- Personal. Be sure to thank each individual for the gift they purchased. Making each note specific to each guest will definitely leave a smile on their faces
- Originality. Don’t keep each thank you the same, mix it up a little! That way when your family and friends compare notes, everyone’s will be different
- One for All. While you may just want to send a thank you card to the people that bought gifts, that should not be the case. Everyone who was in attendance at your wedding should receive one – including vendors!
I hope this article has helped you with engagement party thank you card wording, and how to make the process as easy as possible. As long as you’re being thankful, but personable, you can’t go wrong!
Do you have any examples of wording that you would like to share? What did you use in your own thank you cards? Please feel free to let me know in the comments below.
How do you write a thank you card for money as a wedding gift?
So you've just received your wedding gift, and it's money! Whether the money is going to be used for your honeymoon, home renovations, starting a new family - it's important to show your appreciation. Again, be sure to let your guest know what their money will be put towards, and try to make it as personal as possible, rather than generic. Short, sweet and personal is the best way to go about it!
Do you send thank you cards after engagement party?
When you receive any gift for a wedding event (bridal shower, wedding day, engagement party), you should thank everyone individually with a thank you card. While the gifts may be more conservative at your engagement party, it's still seen as good etiquette and polite to send out a thank you card. It doesn't have to be a novel - short and sweet is absolutely fine! It may be time consuming, but it's the least you could do to show your gratitude.
How do you say thank you for engagement money?
Money may be a popular gift for your engagement party. Some friends and family may want to gift money to help as a contribution to the wedding. This is definitely not a small gift, and any amount of money will help immeasurably for the wedding. Keep it polite, show gratitude and tell them what they're money will be going towards - that's one of the most important things! On your wedding day, they'll be able to see what their money helped to create, which will be super satisfying for them.
How do you end a wedding thank you card?
You'll have a different relationship with everyone that was in attendance of your wedding, so to make each thank you card more personal, it may be best to end the card in a way that reflects your relationship. For example, if it's a close family member, you can sign off with "lots of love always", or it's a work colleague, you can sign off with "warmest thanks".