Today, we’re going to be looking at funny wedding walk-out songs. Once the ceremony is over, you’ll want a song that’ll make your exit as memorable as possible. While most couples opt for something romantic or sweet, there are lots of couples that want something light-hearted and funny. You may be unsure what to choose, so we’ll be taking a look at funny wedding songs to walk out of your wedding too.
What Is A Wedding Walk-Out Song?
A walk-out song for a wedding, otherwise known as a wedding recession is when the happy couple makes their way back down the aisle, as their first act of marriage. The guests will go wild and follow behind, and usually take photos and throw confetti. A song is usually playing as you make your exit, and you want to choose something memorable that’ll leave your guests smiling.
How To Choose Your Recessional Song
It’s important that your recessional song reflects who you are as a couple. If you’re naturally both a serious couple, it may not be best to opt for something funny. Something light-hearted or romantic is always a good choice, or something from a Disney film is also a good option.
If you’re a couple that doesn’t take life too seriously, why not opt for a funny walk-out song? After an emotional ceremony, it may be nice for your guests to cry with laughter. Here are some of our top choices.
Funny Wedding Walk-Out Songs
We’ll be going through a list of inappropriate choices, fun choices, and choices that will leave your guests crying with laughter. A funny wedding walk-out song is a great option to choose after what was probably an emotional ceremony. The relief you’ll feel once the ceremony is over (as a couple) is so huge and a funny song choice will be the icing on the cake of a great ceremony.
Inappropriate Wedding Walk-Out Songs
- I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – U2
- Don’t You Want Me – The Human League
- Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Gold Digger – Kanye West
- Another One Bites the Dust – Queen
- That Don’t Impress Me Much – Shania Twain
- Never Ever – All Saints
- Tainted Love – Soft Cell
- Love is a Battlefield – Pat Benatar
- Let’s Get it On – Marvin Gaye
- Who Let the Dogs Out – Baha Men
One of my favorite choices from this section is Marry You by Bruno Mars. With lyrics such as,
“It’s a beautiful night, we’re looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares, baby, I think I wanna marry you”
It sounds sweet and light-hearted, but the lyrics are funny and very tongue in cheek.
Fun Wedding Walk-Out Songs
If you’re looking for something upbeat, and more fun, than funny – this is the section for you! Check out our top fun recessional song choices.
- We Are Family – Sister Sledge
- Bye, Bye, Bye – N*SYNC
- Escape (Pina Colada Song) – Rupert Holmes
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk
- Love on Top – Beyoncé
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
- You Make My Dreams Come True – Hall & Oates (this was actually my wedding recession choice!)
- Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves
- Living on a Prayer – Jon Bon Jovi
- Love You I Do – Jennifer Hudson
- The Edge of Glory – Lady Gaga
- Best Day of my Life – American Authors
My favorite choice from this section (besides my own!) is Best Day of my Life by American Authors. It’s super fun to dance to but has profound lyrics that will mean something on your special day, such as:
“I’m never gonna look back, never gonna give it up
No, please don’t wake me now,
This is gonna be the best day of my life”
Funny Family-Friendly Wedding Walk-Out Songs
If there are a few children at your wedding, or you just want something a little more PG for your special day, that is completely understandable. There are so many choices you can pick from, including Disney favorites and songs from shows like Grease. Let’s take a look at some top picks.
- Jurassic Park Theme – John Williams
- We Go Together – Grease (Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta)
- Hakuna Matata – The Lion King
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me – Toy Story
- A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes – Cinderella
- The Bear Necessities – The Jungle Book
- Rewrite the Stars – The Greatest Showman
- The Greatest Show – The Greatest Showman
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- Firework – Katy Perry
- Treasure – Bruno Mars
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love – The Darkness
“Don’t fight it, it’s coming for you, running at ya
It’s only this moment, don’t care what comes after”
are suited to any wedding and will certainly have all your guests on their feet singing and dancing. Even the younger guests! I know my niece and nephew love The Greatest Showman.
I hope this article has given you some great ideas for funny wedding walk-out songs. Whichever song you choose, it will most definitely be memorable and special for you both as a couple and will be a memory you’ll treasure forever. The exit after my wedding was one of my favorite parts of the day. The relief was huge and everyone’s faces were filled with joy. It’s something I’ll always remember.
Have you chosen your wedding walk-out song already? Or want to add your own funny wedding walk-out song ideas to the list? If so, please feel free to let me know any suggestions in the comments below. You may be helping out future brides and grooms with their own song choices. Sharing is caring!