Last Updated on January 24, 2022 by Guillermina
Today, we’re going to be looking at how to ask guests to sign the guest book and the best ways to do so. A guest book is a perfect way to remember your wedding fondly in years to come. It’s something that my husband and I often get out to have a look at, and read through all the beautiful messages.
It’ll be something you’ll treasure forever. But how do you encourage guests to sign? What do you write on the wedding guest book introduction page? Let’s take a closer look.
What Is A Wedding Guest Book?
If you’re not familiar with what a wedding guest book is, a wedding guest book is a way to express your love and happiness for the happy couple on their wedding day. You can even write down some words of advice. Traditionally, the guest book is on a table at the reception, for guests to sign as they wish.
Guest Book Sign Wording
The easiest way to signpost your guest book is a wedding guest book sign. It’s a great way to encourage guests to write a message. Here are some ideas for sign wording that you may like to consider:
- Share Your Words of Wisdom. Guests may like to leave advice on married life, so it’s a great way to attract attention and gives guests an idea of what to write
- Please Wish Us Well! Rather than using “sign our guestbook”, asking for good wishes is a good alternative. It’s simple and straight to the point
- “Love is…” Again, this enables guests to have an idea of what to write and is a super cute idea to find out every guest’s definition of love
- Share a Memory of Us. This is the perfect way to fill your guest book with happy memories of every guest at your wedding. They’ll be ones to make you laugh, and ones to make you cry, for sure!
Wedding Guest Book Introduction Page Wording
The first page your guests will see is the introduction page. You want it to be simple, but sweet. And convey the message of what you’re looking to get out of the guest book. Some couples opt for a cute poem, while others opt for wording straight to the point. Let’s take a look at our top picks.
Simple but Sweet
Here are a few ideas that get straight to the point:
- Please leave us a message so we can read this back on our first wedding anniversary, and the years to come.
- Please write down your favorite moments from our special day.
- A new book for the start of a new journey. Please help us write the first chapter.
- Your good wishes will be kept safe, bound within this book,
Once in a while, we’ll open it and take another look.
- Please write a message, for the bride and groom to treasure,
It’s something we’ll be able to cherish from now until forever.
Read more about What To Wear At A Bachelorette Party As A Guest: Must Know
If you’re wanting something more wordy and lengthy, why not try one of these options?
- Please write a message,
For the bride and groom to treasure,
It’s something we’ll be able to cherish,
From now until forever.
All your well wishes will be kept safe,
Bound up within this book,
And every so often we’ll open it,
To take another look.
- On this table, you will find,
Our wedding guest book for you to sign.
Please take a moment on a page so bare
a sentiment or two to share.
Please use a page for each of you
so that we may know your feelings are true.
- We’re so glad you came,
So we’d love for you to sign your name,
And write perhaps a line or two
By which we can remember you.
Then when our special day has passed
Our memories of our wedding will last
For when we look at it we’ll see
Amazing words from friends and family.
- This day for us is special,
A day beyond compare
The joy we feel within our hearts
We’re glad that you can share.
Now share with us your marriage advice
For a long and happy life
Present us with your words of wisdom
To help us as man and wife
Ways To Encourage Guests To Sign Guest Book
You may be wondering how to encourage guests to sign your guest book. You definitely want to encourage as many guests as possible to sign the book, as it really is one of my favorite mementos from the wedding. It’s particularly good to read on anniversaries and tough times.
Here are some top tips on how to encourage guests to sign your guest book.
- Place at the Entrance. If you put the book at the entrance to your reception, it’ll be the first thing your guests see when they enter the wedding. Once guests have taken their seats, it may be more difficult to get them to sign – so it’s a great place for it to be.
- Use a Sign. Signs using some of the wording from above is the perfect way to highlight that you’d really like guests to sign and where to sign.
- Have Someone Stood Nearby. Have someone from your bridal party stand at the table calling people over to sign the book.
- Make it Stunning. The prettier it looks, the more attention it’ll attract – so make sure it looks beautiful!
- Use a Unique Guest Book. If you use something besides a traditional book, that’ll attract attention too. You can find some amazing wedding guest book ideas here.
I hope this article has helped you to become more familiar with how to ask guests to sign the guest book and the best ways to encourage guests out of their seats and over to your guest book to write some memories!
Do you have any other tips? Please feel free to let me know any suggestions in the comments below.