Last Updated on February 21, 2022 by Guillermina
Today, we’re going to be looking at our top picks for new year’s eve wedding favors and discussing all things weddings on new year’s eve and new year’s day. Weddings can happen any time of the year, but when a wedding happens on new year’s day, whether you’re a guest or part of the happy couple, it may feel tricky when planning for the big day! But don’t worry, we are here to help. Let’s start by looking at some unique favor ideas for a new year’s eve wedding.
New Year’s Eve Wedding Favors Ideas
If you’re stuck for ideas and want something unique for the favors for your new year’s eve wedding – look no further. Here are some of our top picks.
- Champagne Flutes. Whether they’re adorned with glitter or are personalized with your names and wedding date, it’s the perfect keepsake from your wedding. Toast for the wedding, and toast into the new year with this very apt wedding favor idea
- Hand Sanitizer. While a few years ago, this may have seemed odd – we’re all used to carrying around a mini bottle of hand sanitizer in our purses now. These “Spread New Year Cheers, Not Germs” labels from Etsy are fantastic – and guests can reuse them after the wedding
- New Year’s Eve Recovery Kit. Weddings are often a time where you’re feeling worse for wear in the morning, but pair that with new year’s eve too – and you may be feeling pretty awful. These kits could hold Advil, Alka-Seltzer, mints, band-aids, and anything else you may need to get you through the night before
- Bottle Openers. I love favors that you can re-use after the wedding. So what better favor than a personalized bottle opener? Whether it says Happy New Year or is personalized with your wedding date – this makes for the perfect wedding memento
- Party Poppers. New Year’s Eve is always a popular time to let off party popper’s, so why not incorporate them into your wedding? These Push Pop Confetti Paper Poppers from Etsy are brilliant and will make for some beautiful photos if you’re having a photographer
Tips For A New Year’s Eve Wedding
Here are some tips to make sure your wedding does gown with a bang!
- Book Early. It’s a popular time for a ceremony, so be sure you secure your date as soon as possible
- Notice. Let people know as soon as you can before they make other plans for the new year’s, you wouldn’t want guests to have to let you down
- Bar Time. Your reception will no doubt be going on later than 12 am, so be sure to extend the bar (this will be pricey, so make sure you budget enough)
- Countdown. Be sure to have a countdown ready for the guests and yourselves to celebrate the new year – your wedding is going to be two celebrations in one!
I hope this article has helped with ideas for new year’s eve wedding favors and given you all the help you may need when planning or attending a new year’s eve wedding. A double celebration is the best kind of celebration!
Did you have a wedding on new year’s eve? Do you have any tips for future brides and grooms? If so, please feel free to share your experiences in the comments below. Sharing is caring!
What Do You Wear to a Wedding on New Year’s Eve?
It's new year's eve, so you may feel the desire to adorn yourself in sparkles and glitter and while it's seen as impolite to take any of the shine away from the bride at a standard wedding, on new year's eve, it's the perfect time to add a little glitter or beading to your outfit. New Year's Eve is a formal event, after all! Try not to go too overboard with the sequins; it's important to remember it's not your wedding. And if there is a dress code, be sure to follow it, as it's important to respect the couple's wishes.
Is It Expensive to Get Married on New Year’s Eve?
Yes. Any holiday that you choose to have your wedding on will incur extra charges. And new year's eve is one of the biggest holidays of the year! Another aspect to bear in mind is that you'll be celebrating past midnight (which may not be the case for standard wedding dates), and this will likely mean additional costs - so be sure you're budgeting enough if you're planning for a new year's eve wedding! It's also important to give guests as much notice as possible, as people often make new year's eve plans early.
Is It Appropriate to Wear Black to a New Year’s Eve Wedding?
Any other time of the year, it's not seen as appropriate to wear black to a wedding - but this is not the case at a new year's eve wedding! As long as there's some sequins, glitter or beading, black can absolutely work. If you're unsure, check with the couple as I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help. While it may be appropriate to wear black to a new year's eve wedding, it's still not appropriate to wear white (unless the dress code calls for it), so be sure to avoid wearing white!
Can You Get Married on New Year’s Day?
In short: yes. But consider carefully if you're planning a wedding for new year's day. New Year's Eve is one of the most common times to go out and enjoy alcohol a little too much, which probably isn't the best the day before your wedding! You may have a few no-shows at your wedding. However, as long as you give guests plenty of notice of the wedding date, they have plenty of time to prepare. New year's day is actually considered a lucky day to get married, and what better way than to start the new year than with starting a new chapter of your lives together?