Last Updated on October 18, 2021 by Guillermina
Today, we’re going to be looking at plastic paper plate holders dollar tree. Using plastic plates at wedding, particularly in the evening when you may have a buffet, is becoming increasingly popular. They’re cheap, easy to obtain, and save a lot of washing up! But let’s be honest, they don’t give off a wedding vibe. So how can you make your paper plates more wedding-friendly? This is where plastic paper plate holders come in!
What Is A Plastic Paper Plate Holder?
A plastic paper plate holder is exactly as it sounds! It’s a circular piece of plastic, that’s larger than your average paper plate. The plate holder usually has several grooves for you to insert the plate, and the plate locks into place. They also help to distribute the weight of any food on the plate evenly. Whether you’re using foam or paper plates, these holders work perfectly. And many of them are reusable, which saves on a whole lot of waste!
Why Use Plastic Paper Plate Holders?
There’s a range of reasons why you may want to use plastic plate holders – especially at a wedding. Here are some of the main reasons you may want to consider:
- Aesthetic. If you’re wanting your wedding to be picture perfect (which I’m sure many of you are), plastic plate holders really do brighten up your wedding. They come in a range of style and colors to suit your wedding.
- Formal. Yes, you’re still using a paper plate – but as the plastic is much sturdier, it feels as though you’re eating from a standard plate
- Weight Distribution. Have you ever loaded a paper plate at a buffet, just for it to collapse at the sides as you’re walking back to the table? Paper plates aren’t good at holding lots of food, so plastic plates are a great way to ensure this doesn’t happen.
- Avoid spillages. There aren’t many worse times to spill something and leave a stain than at a wedding. With plastic paper plate holders, this is far less likely to happen as they’re much sturdier.
- Reusable. While some are disposable, many are re-usable. Not only is this better for the environment, but also means you can use them at BBQs, camping, picnics, or any other celebration you may have after your wedding.
Dollar Tree Plastic Paper Plate Holders
Plastic paper plate holders are easily accessible and will be available in most grocery stores and more affordable stores like Dollar Tree. Dollar Tree options are $1 each (obviously!) and come in a range of styles and colors. You can find their full catering tableware range here. Dollar Tree is a great place to buy your plastic paper plate holders if you’re looking for a selection of colors and styles, as it’s a great way to mix and match easily.
However, if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, Walmart offers a good selection too! One of their options is a pack of 20, 10″ reusable paper plate holders for just $14.99 – that’s much cheaper than $1 each. They have 3 grooves to hold your food in place and are made from high-quality materials. However, you do not get the option of choosing colors or styles. But it’s a great idea if you’re on a tight budget!
Decorating Your Plastic Paper Plate Holders
Once you’ve bought your plastic paper plate holders, you may want to make them personal to your own wedding. Whether that’s adding certain colors or patterns – it’s a lovely way to add a special touch to your plate holders.
I found an amazing DIY tutorial of how to customize your own from the comfort of your home. And the best part is, you don’t need many supplies at all!
The items you’ll need are:
- Plastic paper plate holders
- Acrylic paint
And you’re good to go! Crafting Cheerfully have a step-by-step guide to make it as easy as possible for you. However, this can be quite time-consuming – especially if you have hundreds of guests! Although it could make for a fun activity to do before the wedding if you have any children in your life; I’m sure they would love to be involved! And would love to see their creations on the wedding day.
Points To Consider
- It’s worth mentioning that if you’re looking online at Dollar Tree, there aren’t too many options available, but in-store holds a range of choices that are not available on their website. So if you’re wanting to buy from Dollar Tree, it may be best for in-store shopping only!
- Ensure you know which paper plates you’re using for the wedding before you buy the holders. This is because they come in a range of sizes, so you need to be sure your paper plates will fit perfectly, or they won’t be of much use at all!
- Another point worth noting is be sure to read the reviews of any plastic paper plate holders you buy. In fact, you may even want to try them with the plates you’re using on the wedding day. There’s nothing like being prepared – especially on such a monumental day!
Read more about My Best Friend’s Wedding Songs List
I hope this article has helped you see how useful plastic paper plate holders are, especially at weddings! And how affordable they can be if you’re shopping in the right places, such as Dollar Tree and Walmart. Customizing the plate holders is a really fun way to make them your own – and give your wedding a real personal touch…even down to the plates!
Did you use plastic paper plate holders at your wedding? If so, where did you get them from? And did you find them useful? It can be quite expensive if you’re needing to buy hundreds! So please let me know they were. Feel free to leave any answers in the comments below. You’ll likely be helping out future couples for their own wedding day!