Last Updated on September 19, 2021 by Guillermina
Today, we’re going to be looking at succulent wedding bouquet costs and how to get the best flowers for your budget. Succulents are one of the few flowers that are readily available all year round, making them the perfect versatile choice for your bouquet. Whether your bouquet is entirely made from succulents or you add some flowers too, it makes for a truly stunning bouquet.
What is a Succulent Bouquet?
A succulent bouquet is a bouquet (unsurprisingly) made up of succulents. Succulents are plants that are drought-resistant and retain water. They’re usually thick, fleshy and despite how they may sound, look beautiful at weddings.
As they’re available year-round, they’re a popular wedding choice. Another reason that they’re popular is because they’re usually far less expensive than flowers. They’re perfect for filling out bouquets and centerpieces.
As they are grown indoors, you can even grow them yourself at home, to add something special to your wedding bouquet. Also, if you plant them after your wedding day, they can last for years! It’s a special memento to treasure from your special day.
How Much Does a Succulent Wedding Bouquet Cost?
It’s impossible to predict an estimate for your specific succulent bouquet in mind. This is because prices can vary massively depending on the size of your bouquet and whether you’d like to incorporate flowers. This will increase the price of your bouquet.
However, we can look at some succulent bouquets online and how much they cost. Urban Succulents offer a wide range of succulent bouquets. Depending on what you’re looking for, prices start at just $60 and can go up to around $200. The more complex and intricate the bouquet, the more expensive the bouquet. They offer a range of colors and styles, that would work well at any wedding.
Urban Succulents also have succulent boutonnieres, cake toppers, corsages, and wedding favors. There’s nothing like a bit of matching on your big day!
If you’re working towards a tight budget and needing to look for something cheaper, sites like Etsy are a great place to start. A simple search for “succulent” bouquet gets thousands of hits and there are some starting from just $20-$30. Prices obviously increasing the bigger the bouquet and more complex.
DIY Succulent Bouquet
If you’re looking for an even cheaper alternative, making your succulent bouquet yourself will be the cheapest option. You can buy wired succulents ready-made to make your bouquet, or grow them yourself! Some things to remember when making your own bouquet:
- Make sure you have ribbon, floral tape, floral wire, and your succulents (and flowers)
- Succulents like Aeonium have flower-like rosette forms and are great for giving your bouquet a flowery feel without the flowers
- Succulents will often have short stems, so you will need to make the stems longer yourself with the floral tape and wire
For a step-by-step guide on how to make your bouquet yourself, Gardening Know How have a great article to show you how.
Which Succulents are Most Popular for Bouquets?
You may be unsure where to start when looking for succulents to put into your bouquet if you’re choosing to make your own. Let’s have a rundown of some of the most popular choices to include.
- Aeoniums – If you’re looking for drama, and something a little bit extra for your wedding bouquet, these are the best option. They’re easy to care for and come in a deep maroon color, as well as yellow and green. If you’re having a fall wedding, these would work great.
- Burro’s Tail – if you’re looking for something to work well in your bridal teardrop bouquet, I would highly recommend Burro’s Tail. The stems cascade down and even the leaves are the shapes of a teardrop! They’re pale green typically, but sometimes even sprout pink blooms, which will certainly add an extra pop to your bouquet!
- Echeveria – If you’re looking for something that resembles a flower, this is a great alternative. They look very similar to flowers and add a touch of class to your bouquet. As each Echeveria looks entirely different, it’s very easy to make up a bouquet of this succulent alone! This succulent comes in a range of colors, which makes it a very popular option for succulent bouquets. Pink, purple, blue, green, black – they can fit into any color scheme.
If you have the time to grow your own, it’s a much cheaper option. A bag of seeds can be bought for around $4-$10, depending on which succulent you’re growing. If you’re on a budget, it’s definitely worth the time to cut the price down of your bouquet massively.
How Long Does it Last?
The best thing about succulent bouquets is that they can be prepared well in advance for the wedding. If kept in the right conditions, succulents can last for around a week. This means that come the big day, you won’t have to be racing around for flowers as yours will have already been sorted up to a week before!
The fake items can be removed after the wedding and re-planted. So in reality, your bouquet can last several years, if looked after correctly.
Succulent Wedding Bouquet Cost Conclusion
I hope this article has helped to understand how much succulent bouquets cost and just how easy it can be to make your own. If I had known how easy it was, I may have even made them myself for my own wedding. Whatever your price range, there’ll be something available for you. And as they can be kept afterwards, it’s a perfect keepsake from your wedding.
Did you have a succulent bouquet for your wedding day? Are you planning to grow your own? If you have any tips and tricks to make the ideal bouquet, please feel free to leave any suggestions in the comments below. You could be helping out future brides with their bouquets!
Read more about How To Make Wedding Chair Covers