Last Updated on December 27, 2021 by Guillermina
Today, we’re going to be looking at how to write a thank you letter to parents for the wedding. Your parents are likely a huge part of your life and it may feel difficult to express the love and gratitude you have for them in words. Whether you want it to be sincere, light-hearted, funny, or serious – we’ll be covering it all!
What Is A Wedding Program?
Oftentimes, weddings will have a wedding program. This is usually a piece of paper or leaflet that has all the information you’ll need about the running order of the day. There’s usually a wedding day timeline, alongside the order of ceremony, any songs or readings that may happen throughout the ceremony – plus information about the wedding party.
What Is A Wedding Program Thank You?
Often, in the wedding program, they’ll be a thank you message to your parents. There won’t be too much space on the program itself, so you’ll need to keep it short, sweet, and meaningful. Not only can you use this space to thank your parents, but to show some appreciation for the guests in attendance too.
If you’re looking for some ways to word your gratitude and thanks to your parents and guests, why not try using some of our ideas?
Wedding Program Thank You Wording
- Thank you all for being in attendance today and for being part of such a memorable occasion. To our parents, we cannot thank you enough for all we have learnt from you and for the constant love and support you have always given us. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all so much.
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for coming and to everyone that has helped. In particular, the biggest thank you goes out to our parents who have worked together to make this day as perfect and seamless as possible.
- With the biggest thank you going to our parents for everything they’ve done to get us here today, we would also like to take this chance to say thank you to all our family and friends who have come together for our special day. We love you!
- Today is a dream come true. And that dream would not have been possible without the help of our parents. We love you endlessly and thank you. Another huge thank you goes to all our family and friends who have joined us here today.
- Our parents have given us so much love and guidance to help us reach this day, and no words can express our gratitude for their continual love and support. We would also like to thank all of our relatives and close friends for being here today.
These are just a few ideas, so feel free to pick and choose, and change anything that needs changing to suit you.
Thank You Message For Parents On Wedding Day
Writing a letter to parents on the wedding day is something special and something that they’ll treasure forever. The letter can be as long or as short as you want it to be. I’m sure your parents will feel grateful for anything they receive as a gesture of thanks.
Before we look at the wording, here’s some tips you may find useful:
- Make the letter handwritten. Nothing feels more personal than a handwritten letter
- Try not to make it too generic – the more personal, the better
- Include memories, inside jokes, things that will make your parents smile
You may be wondering what wording to use. We can’t write the whole letter, but here are some ideas of wording to use within the letter.
Thank You Letter Wording
- Mom, you have always been my beacon of light. Dad, you have always given me the best of everything. Without you both, I would not be where I am today. And I can proudly say that you, alongside my new wife/husband, are the greatest gift the world has given me.
- The memories we’ve made together and the times we’ve had have been truly unforgettable. I can look back fondly on my life and know that I have the best parents in the world. Parents who have done more than I could have ever asked for me, so thank you.
- You taught me how to respect. How to be kind. And most importantly, how to love. Without that being instilled in me, I’m not sure I would be here today, with the love of my life. So thank you for teaching me that love is the most important thing in the world; I would be lost without you both.
- You have always given me immense amounts of the greatest gift in the world: love. Along with time, affection, and patience. Things I will cherish, for always and pass down to my own children. You will always be my heroes, Mom and Dad.
- To our parents, thank you. Thank you for supporting us over the years. Thank you for nurturing us into the good people that we are. And most of all, thank you for the everlasting love you’ve given us, all the way up to our special day. You’ve made our wedding dreams come true – so thank you.
Other Thank You Ideas
If you’re looking for other meaningful ways to thank your parents for their support besides a letter, check out this post from English-Wedding. They have some really great ideas.
I hope this article has helped you to become more familiar with how to write a thank you letter to parents for your wedding, and given you some starter points to make the most memorable letter for them to treasure forever. I wish I had done this for my own parents at my wedding.
Did you write your parents a thank you letter for your wedding day? Or do you plan to? If so, please feel free to comment below with snippets of the letter. I love reading through them!