Today, we’re going to be looking at our top picks on what to write in a wedding guest book. Classic, casual, funny – we’ll be covering it all! As a guest, you’ll likely want to leave a message that will leave a lasting impression on the happy couple. Something they’ll be able to look back fondly on in the years to come. But what can you write in a wedding wishes guest book? Let’s take a closer look.
What Is A Wedding Guest Book?
A wedding guest book is a way for guests to share and write their good wishes and sometimes even advice, for the happy couple. It’s something the couple will be able to treasure forever. Some couples choose to use a traditional book, whereas other couples choose to use something unique like a jigsaw puzzle, or giant Jenga bricks!
What To Write In A Wedding Guest Book: Funny
Some guests want to have the last laugh, so don’t be afraid to write down something funny in the guest book! It may be a break from all the emotion.
- Thanks for the free food and drink! …Oh, and congratulations on the wedding!
- It’s official…you’re stuck with one another! Good luck. And congratulations on your special day.
- Thanks for all the free gin.
- There’s nowhere I’d rather get drunk than on your wedding night, celebrating with you both.
- Congratulations. No more holding in farts now, right?
- Congrats on your special day…but when are you cutting the cake again?
- Being married is like any job. It really does help if you like your boss!
- It’s not true that married men live longer than those that are single…it just seems that way! Good luck.
What To Write In A Wedding Guest Book: Classic
Some people may wish to write a message that’s simple and to the point. If this is what you’re looking for, why not use one of these options?
- Congratulations on your special day. Thank you for letting me be a part of it.
- Your wedding day may come and go, but I hope your love will continue to grow.
- I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else than celebrating this day with you both.
- As you embark on your new adventure, I just want to say congratulations, and thank you for letting me be part of your special day.
- You will grow and change over the years, but I hope your love for each other remains constant throughout your lives.
- We’ve celebrated so many times over the years, but this one is one to remember always. Congratulations!
What To Write In A Wedding Guest Book: Casual
If casual is your style, try one of these simple suggestions.
- Congratulations newlyweds! So happy for you both.
- Congrats on your special day!
- Sending love and hugs on your wedding day.
- Best wishes for the future, and the adventures that await.
- Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. Congrats!
What To Write In A Wedding Guest Book: Family
If you’re looking to welcome someone into the family, try using one of these cute starting points.
- Our family couldn’t be luckier to have you as an addition.
- Welcome to the family. It’s absolutely crazy…but you’ll love it!
- I couldn’t be happier to have you in my life as a (brother/sister etc.)
- You were already part of the family…but now it’s official!
- From this day onwards, you’ll always have a (brother/sister/mother, etc.) in me.
Quotes For Wedding Guest Book
If one half of the happy couple has a favorite author or quote. Or if the couple is religious, why not quote a verse from the bible? Or a quote about love from an infamous book? Let’s take a look at some of our top picks.
- “Love doesn’t make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”
- “Love may be patient, and it may be kind, but it’s also the most beautiful thing in the universe.”
- “The highest happiness on Earth is the happiness of marriage”.
- “Love recognizes no barriers, it jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination, full of hope”.
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.”
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.”
- “Love is God’s gift to us – your union is a celebration of God’s gift.”
If the bride or groom is a bookworm, it may be best to use a quote from their favorite author – it’s a really thoughtful thing to do too!
How To Decide What To Write In A Wedding Guest Book
If you’re unsure which route to go down when choosing what to write, consider how close you are to the couple and the relationship that you have with them. Let’s take a look at some brief pointers on how to help you gage what to write.
- Know them from school or college? Try something funny and light-hearted
- Is it a casual, relaxed wedding? Write something to match the wedding. Keep it casual and simple
- Are the couple much older? Try something formal and more traditional (depending on the couple, of course)
- Is it a formal wedding? Try to be formal with your message
You’ll usually be able to tell from the vibe of the wedding the kind of message that the couple would like. You can find more suggestions on how to decide what to write here.
I hope this article has helped you to figure out what to write in a wedding guest book and given you some inspiration for the next wedding you attend. Try to match your message to the relationship you have with the couple and you can’t go wrong!
Do you have any ideas on what to write? Did you write something particularly funny that you’d like to share? Please feel free to let me know any suggestions in the comments below. Sharing is caring!