Today, we’re going to be looking at brother and sister wedding dance songs. It may not be a tradition like the Father/Daughter dance, or the first dance between the bride and groom – but a dance becoming increasingly popular is the brother-sister wedding dance. Whether you’re doing something funny that you’ve been working on the choreography since you were children (Ross and Monica anyone?!) or something heartfelt, we’ve got you covered!
The most important part is that the dance is memorable for you both! So let’s take a look at the top choices for sister and brother songs for weddings. And you’ll likely be having a dance with both your parents. So why not include your siblings too?! The relationship between siblings often has the same dynamic as the ones with your parents.
Heartfelt Brother And Sister Wedding Songs
If you’re looking for a song to show how close you are to your sibling, and how much you love them – take a look through these suggestions.
- You’ve Got a Friend – Carole King. With lyrics such as: “You just call out my name, and you know, wherever I am, I’ll come runnin’, to see you again“, it’s a very apt and beautiful song to remind your sibling that you’ll always be there for them.
- Hero – Mariah Carey. This may seem a sad song choice, but it’s really an empowering song to remind your sibling how strong and incredible you think they are, with lyrics such as: “when you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong, and you’ll finally see the truth, that a hero lies in you“.
- Lean on Me – Bill Withers. A beautiful, slow song to let your sibling know that your love for them will never change no matter. With meaningful lyrics such as, “Lean on me. when you’re not strong, and I’ll be your friend, I’ll help you carry on“.
- Whenever You Remember – Carrie Underwood. With lyrics such as, “When you think back on all we’ve done, I hope you’re proud, when you look back and see how far we’ve come, it was our time to shine, and nobody could hold us down“, there will not be a dry eye in house after this dance!
Sentimental but Lighthearted Brother and Sister Wedding Songs
If you want something that will leave guests with a smile on their faces and a warm feeling inside, these might be worth looking at.
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me – Toy Story. If either of you love Disney, this is a great ode to Disney and a super sweet song. With lyrics such as, “You got troubles, I’ve got them too, there isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for you, we stick together and see it through“.
- You’re My Best Friend – Queen. If your sibling is your best friend as well, this is the perfect song, with lyrics like, “I’ve been with you such a long time, you’re my sunshine and I want you to know, that my feelings are true, I really love you“. Heartfelt but upbeat.
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder. For a song to remind your sister how beautiful she is, inside and out – look no further. It has such lovely lyrics, such as, “Isn’t she lovely? Isn’t she wonderful? Isn’t she precious?“.
- You’ll Be in My Heart – Phil Collins. Another ode to Disney is this hit from Tarzan. It has meaningful lyrics as, “You seem so strong, my arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm, this bond between us, can’t be broken“. What better way to show your unbreakable bond with your sibling?
Upbeat and Memorable Brother and Sister Wedding Songs
Do you want something funny, fast and leave your guests crying with laughter? Why not choreograph a song to one of these incredible songs?
- I’ll Be There for You (Friends) – The Rembrandts. It’s one of the most iconic songs, and it’s not hard to see why. Remind your sibling you’ll always be there, with lyrics like, “I’ll be there for you when the rain starts to pour, I’ll be there for you like I’ve been there before.”
- Bye Bye Bye – N*Sync. There are absolutely zero lyrics to link to your sibling in this song – but it sure is iconic! And would make for a hilarious first dance between two siblings.
- We Are Family – Sister Sledge. If you’re a brother, looking for a song to show your unwavering love for your sister – this is the song. It has amazing lyrics, “all of the people around us they say, can they be that close, just let me state for the record, we’re giving love in a family dose.”
- U Can’t Touch This – MC Hammer. And lastly, another iconic song that needs no explanation is U Can’t Touch This. Imagine the moves you can both pull off during this dance!
If you’re still stuck, or looking for more options, take a look at this article from My Wedding Songs. For a brother and sister dance, it may be nice to choose something personal. Something that is meaningful to both of you. But if you don’t have a song like that – any of these options will work perfectly.
I hope this article has helped you see how easy it is to find brother and sister wedding dance songs that are memorable. I don’t have a brother but mine and my sister’s song was most definitely Wannabe by The Spice Girls. If you have a song that you spent hours creating dances for or singing at the top of your lungs – it may be fun to choose that! As long as you and your sibling are comfortable, that’s the most important thing.
Did you have a sister and brother dance at your wedding? Or do you plan too? If so, leave any suggestions in the comments below. I love reading through your replies! And you’ll likely be helping out future brides and grooms with their own dance.
Read more about Wedding Without Religious Aspects